- Is the National Paralympic Committee for Ireland, recognised by the International Paralympic Committee.
- Is an umbrella body of sporting organisations in Ireland providing programmes in sports on the Paralympic Games programme.
- Currently has 15 affiliated members. Click here to view list.
- Is a company limited by guarantee. Our company registration number is 6359700K.
Download the Memorandum and Articles of Association here.
View the latest Certificate of Incorporation here.
- Is a registered charity in the Republic of Ireland. Our Charity number is CHY13420
View our Charity confirmation letter here.
- Is on ‘the journey’ to full implementation of the The Governance Code for Community and Voluntary Organisations in Ireland.. See www.governancecode.ie
- Each member organisation has two nominated delegates to the Members Forum. The Members Forum is an information sharing/advisory body which meets twice annually.
- The nominated delegates are also responsible for representing their organisation at Annual and Extraordinary General Meetings. The members are responsible for approving the organisations strategic plan, annual report and audited annual accounts.
- The Financial year end is December 31st and the AGM must be convened by April 31st each year.
- Our most recent Annual Report and Audited Annual Accounts are available by clicking here.
Non-Executive Board of Directors:
- The Board of Directors are responsible for policy formulation and compliance with our obligations under company law.
- The Board currently consists of the following positions:
- President, two Vice-Presidents and a Finance Officer directly nominated by and elected by the members.
- Athletes Representative directly elected by Paralympics Ireland’s Athletes Commission.
- Honorary Life Membership for an IPC Paralympic Order recipient (IPC’s highest honour)
- Three independent Directors appointed by the board recruited via Boardmatch Ireland.
- The current board of Directors are:
- Mr. James Gradwell, President
- Mr. John Fulham, Vice-President
- Ms. Eimear Breathnach, Vice-President
- Mr. Mark Riseley, Finance Officer
- James McCarthy, Athletes Representative
- Ms. Anne Ebbs, Honorary Life Member
- Mr. Brendan Jennings
- Ms. Jennifer Chamberlaine
- Mr. Gordon D’Arcy
- Ms. Ailis McSweeney
- All Board member terms are for four years commencing in the year immediately following a Summer Paralympic Games e.g. 2013-2017.
- Board members may serve a maximum of two terms in any single board position.
- To minimise conflicts of interest, Board members may not be an employee or a Board member of an affiliated member organisation.
- The executive staff team, led by the CEO, are responsible for implementing organisation strategy and policy as determined by the Board of Directors.
- The current executive staff team includes: (Click here to view staff profiles)
- Mr. Liam Harbison, CEO
- Mr. Dave Malone, Performance Director
- Mr. Patrick Haslett, Commercial Director
- Ms. Sinead Naughton, Communications & Events Director
- Ms. Mary McGuire, Media & Events Manager
- Mr. James Nolan, Head of Paralympic Athletics
- Ms. Hayley Burke, Para Swimming Operations Manager
- Ms. Patricia Fitzgerald, Financial Administrator
- Ms. Emma Heavin, Office Administrator
- Ms. Ana Maia, Classification Coordinator
- Ms. Lyndsey Rankin, Boccia Development Manager
Professional Service Providers:
Accountancy: McInerney Saunders,
Audit: Grant Thornton,
24-26 City Quay,
Legal: Leman Solicitors,
8-34 Percy Place,