PARALYMPICS IRELAND: LEAD PHYSIOTHERAPIST AND MEDICAL SERVICES COORDINATOR
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, driven individual to play a key role within a multi-sport environment, to use their skills to support elite athletes with a disability, to lead up to the Paralympic Games in Tokyo 2020. You will be responsible for;
1. Coordination and Management of athlete medical services: focused on management of injury, treatment and prevention services you will act as a central point around what an athletes various medical support services needs are assessed, determined and allocated.
2. Lead Physiotherapist: Managing physiotherapy requirements and a team of providers, for athletes competing at all major competitions including the Paralympic Games.
3. Physiotherapy Clinical Support: Delivery of regular clinical hours for elite para athletes.
· Membership of ISCP (Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapy) with Statutory Registration and Indemnity with appropriate CPD maintained as laid out by the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists.
· MSc Sports Medicine or equivalent in a related discipline.
· Appropriate traumatology and BLS skills update as per ISCP guidelines.
· Evidence of being a team player (including references from previous Games).
- Excellent communication skills and soft skills to deal with colleagues and athletes effectively and with empathy.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Tuesday 28/11/2017
For a full job description please click HERE